Are you coming to London? If so, I would definitely recommended a day trip to Greenwich. It’s such a lovely place to visit and is full of history.
I would recommend that you wear your comfiest shoes, because if you follow these recommendations then you will be doing a lot of walking around.. but trust me it will be worth it!
My recommendations are as follows:
- Greenwich Park – Take a walk up the hill and you’ll have an amazing view of London. Perfect photo opportunity!
- Royal Observatory – On top of the hill in Greenwich Park. Here you will be able to stand on TheGreenwich Meridian Line.
- Queen’s House – This is a former royal residence but is now used to display maritime paintings and portraits
- National Maritime Museum
- Cutty Sark
- Greenwich Market
If you fancy a little pub lunch or just a little break then I recommend the following:
- The Gipsy Moth – Next to the Cutty Sark. This pub is dog friendly
- Coach and Horses – Inside Greenwich Market. Fancy a drink and a board game? Then this place is your go to!
- Greenwich Tavern – Next to Greenwich Park. This pub is dog friendly.
- The Old Brewery – The Pepys Building, The Old Royal Naval College
- Trafalgar Tavern – Their Fish & Chips are delicious!
- The Sail Loft – Great view of Canary Wharf from here
Now these are just recommendations based on where I have been. There’s tons more to do in Greenwich and a few great restaurants and shops.
I would also recommend doing the Meantime Brewery Tour (If you haven’t got under 18s with you!)
You can also go to North Greenwich and go to the O2 and do the O2 climb or do the Emirates Air Line which takes you to the Royal Docks (this is where the ExCel Centre is).
Best way to get to Greenwich would be on the DLR and getting off at Cutty Sark for Maritime Greenwich. But getting the River Boat is also pretty cool.
Thanks for reading